Bugged by CreditCard companies...Please help.

Whatever personal problems we may have, let's share it together, seek advice and feel better.

sumeet
Knowing Better
Knowing Better

Bugged by CreditCard companies...Please help.

Post by sumeet »

I have got 4 of them and this has gone out of control to manage them. Last year when I got the cards issued, the agents assured me there is NO fees at all. It is life-time free card. But this year I have got to pay annual fees for 3 of them, Citibank, HSBC and ICICI. The fourth one HDFC is yet to ask for money. What can I do? Thinking of discontinuing the cards. Please advice.

techguy
Just Started
Just Started

Do not pay anything.

Post by techguy »

DO NOT pay any fees. If they ask, tell them you want to discontinue the card. They can do nothing.

chandnipai
Knowing Better
Knowing Better

Post by chandnipai »

Absolutely right........do not pay...remind them of the NO FEES condition for which u had taken the cards. if they insist...tell them u wanna discontinue.

Utpal
Expert
Expert

some are really free of any charges.

Post by Utpal »

Some credit card are really free of annual fees and so. my friend has ICICI card for last three years and didnt hav to pay any fees sofar.

PeterArora
Just Started
Just Started

fees are there

Post by PeterArora »

Even if some credit cards do not have any fees now, they will implement them in future. My ICICI card got Rs 100 annual fees added recently

Deepa
Expert
Expert

Sensitive issue

Post by Deepa »

Hai,
Recently my friend got a call from her credit card company for some excess charges for which she didnot buy anything. Moreover she was told to pay by cash only. What is this!!

vidya
Just Started
Just Started

Re: Bugged by CreditCard companies...Please help.

Post by vidya »

ya they ask to pay by cash only coz check will take min 3 days to debit if it is of other bank they may end up with late payment fee.... but if she has not used/buy any thing she can complaint on it.... even i am affected with the credit card interests i am planning to give it back....annual fee call up customer care ask them not to charge as they had said that there is no fee before they have to agree( :oops: just scold them like anything) they will revert the fee.... this had happen to me also once....

forever??
Expert
Expert

Post by forever?? »

Don't pay... tell them you will be more than happy to discontinue their services... ( I hope you are okay with that! or at least say so!) :D

kkkk

Post by kkkk »

HSBC is a big fraud. They have clearly said the card is "Lifetime FREE card".
As I am extra catious with credit card stuff, I had specifically asked them if they are gonna apply charges from 2nd year onwards. They said, no no, absolutely no charges.

Now I see 2000/- charges in my statement after 1 year! Well, I have mailed them about this and asked for a clarification. If they are not going to reverse it, I am gonna cancel the card, and anyways I will not pay this illegal fee. And I will make sure to educate everyone on the web to stay away from HSBC bank. More updates tomorrow.

Should never believe these Chinese company.