10 months 'security deposit' in Bangalore

Places and prices. Info on where to stay in Bangalore. Ask the members before you buy/rent house or land in Bangalore.
Arion003
Expert
Expert

Re: 10 months 'security deposit' in Bangalore

Post by Arion003 »

Guys let me take the first step and advertise an apartment for rent in the Banaswadi area. Its an approximately 3,500 sq ft duplex penthouse apartment in a five story block. The expected rent is 65k. The security deposit required is 2 months' rent, the deposit can be negotiated. This is an owner advertised apartment so no dealing with pesky brokers. The apartment has 3 large bedrooms with attached bathrooms. Its on two levels with an internal staircase connecting the two floors. The upper level has a fairly large and exquisite rooftop garden and a bbq space. The images of the apartment can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/spschauhan/ ... g4jf0ffXNw# . The apartment is newly constructed and has never been occupied before.

The block comes with a lift and dedicated parking on the first level.

Please call 9900021357 if you're interested. For an idea of where it is located search for Amulya Plaza, Bangalore. The apartments are right next to this just off Kalakere main road.

Kerplonk

Post by Kerplonk »

Arion003 wrote:Guys even though I have found a place to stay I think I am going to spend the next few months continuing to respond to houses for rent ad's, especially those where 10 months deposit is involved. I think it is important for these landlords to hear the words "are you crazy"
I just did that. More to go. :lol: Crazy **** ********.
PAY NO MORE THAN 2 MONTHS ADVANCE
SAM wrote:I would also request TALKBANGALORE to take initiative iradicating this sick practice from Bangalore.
I SECOND THIS. TALKBANGALORE, PLEASE PROMOTE THIS.

Arion003
Expert
Expert

Post by Arion003 »

A revolution has to begin somewhere huh?! :D

Priya.

Post by Priya. »

Hi, I am looking for a house near marathally 5k-7k, everybody is asking for 10 mnths deposit. I want house asap. wat should i do. Even some of them are asking +500 for water. they r soooooooooooooo cheap.

Arion003
Expert
Expert

Post by Arion003 »

Priya,

Have you tried looking on alternate forum's like craigslist and olx etc. And also on magicbricks and 99acres do searches for property by owners, because with the owners you can negotiate, these brokers are usually unwilling.

Is this house only for yourself? or is it for a family? cause if its the former then a PG might be an alternative.

Your strategy to approach owners should be to tell them that you have lived in houses in Bangalore for the last two years and have never had to pay over 2-3 months deposit, also ask them why they want so much deposit and whether they have any reason other than "this is how it is", some landlords will have any epiphany moment if you ask them this and if they are decent enough they will relent.

The other alternate is to promise a broker a little more brokerage if s/he can negotiate a deal like this for you, say 10k or so.

DO NOT pay 500rs per month for water. Water bills are not nearly as much, say you'll pay by the meter and if there is a common meter say you will pay a pro-rated bill, divided equally between whoever shares the meter.

Also post wanted ad's on commonfloor, sulekha and craigslist. Be particular about the deposit.

If anyone on this forum has a place like this please do get in touch with Priya.

Hope you find a place soon.

Arion003
Expert
Expert

Post by Arion003 »

If I come across a place of your description I will certainly post it here. Hope other members will do the same.

Shaw

Post by Shaw »

What's the problem starting a classified ads service here? on this website?? trust me, it will be very helpful because this forum already has a trustworthy image. Just my 2 cents :?

Arion003
Expert
Expert

Post by Arion003 »

That's a great idea Shaw. I have had a look at the site it doesn't seem to have a classifieds section. Perhaps we can use this thread as a classifieds thread in the meanwhile for such properties with reasonable deposits.

Senthil

Post by Senthil »

TWO MONTHS advance deposit is what we should specify clearly.

It is utterly illogical to see some house owners asking 3/5/6/8/10 months of rent as advance deposit. In this current age!
And do not forget about the troublemaker landlords who try there best to digest your whole advance amount.

Well, I am happy to see we have sponsored space on this site for a public awareness in this regard. We can also accommodate an article specifying the "Do's and Don'ts when taking house on rent in Bangalore" in the main article section of TalkBangalore.
Anyone (Arion003? I just had a look at your postings on 10monthsbeda.wordpress.com 8) ) interested to submit the article, please hurry up.

Arion003
Expert
Expert

Post by Arion003 »

Just saw this Senthil, after I saw your comment on the blog. Give me a day or so and I will get back to you with an article along these lines. This can ofcourse be supplemented by others who may choose to respond.

Rgds.

Arion003
Expert
Expert

Post by Arion003 »

Senthil,

Not sure how to send this article to you, your email is giving me a permanent failure error.

Senthil

Post by Senthil »

My Bad. Sorry.
I also forgot the fact we have PrivateMessage facility withdrawn due to security/spam reasons.

Well, for an article on talkbangalore, please mail to editor.talkbangalore(at)gmail.com

More details here:
http://www.talkbangalore.com/submit-your-article

Thanks for your quick response.

Chief
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Chief »

Arion003 wrote:That's a great idea Shaw. I have had a look at the site it doesn't seem to have a classifieds section. Perhaps we can use this thread as a classifieds thread in the meanwhile for such properties with reasonable deposits.
Agree, a classified ads section is much needed. We will work on getting it ready in a month.
Senthil wrote:Well, for an article on talkbangalore, please mail to editor.talkbangalore(at)gmail.com
That should be it. Thanks to all of you!

Arion003
Expert
Expert

Post by Arion003 »

Chief wrote: Agree, a classified ads section is much needed. We will work on getting it ready in a month.
Sounds great Chief. Thanks for your positive response to this initiative. :mrgreen:

Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

Having travelled to few countries around the world, I find Bangalore as one of the worst places to live in with respect to rental practices. I am stunned that educated people like us give in to the demands of greedy landlords and in turn contribute towards the ever growing inflation in this country.

I am positive that in due course the demand supply equation will take a 360 degree turn since this city is galloping uncontrollably towards a real estate bubble. With poor infrastructure, corrupt politicians, regionalism and broken law and order system, this city and for this matter our country is on the path of irrational exuberance.

Thank you for starting this blog which will at least create awareness in our society and help educate those tenants who blindly follow the crowd.

Jai Ho,
Rajiv