painting charges recovery from tenant

Places and prices. Info on where to stay in Bangalore. Ask the members before you buy/rent house or land in Bangalore.
blrtrenant
Just Started
Just Started

painting charges recovery from tenant

Post by blrtrenant »

In Bangalore, nowadays the owners are trying to recover the painting charges before vacating the premises even if there is no damage done to the painting and trying to include such clauses in the agreement. Also they try to make the notice period to 3 months though the norm should be 1 month especially when the agreement is only for 11 months. This is exploitation of the tenants as the owners are trying to recover something that is their cost and trying to recover this from the security deposit we pay when entering into the agreement.

Is there any law or place where we can report such corruption? How do we deal with such owners.

Senthil

Re: painting charges recovery from tenant

Post by Senthil »

Painting charges can only be recovered when the house is painted just before you moved in and it should be discussed with you and mentioned in the agreement.

If you are searching for new house, tell the owner that you would pay no more than 2 months advance. Usually a (old school) landlord would expect to get some money from you and get interest from fixed deposit. Think if you are ready to pay that amount extra with the house rent rather than risking all your money.

Notice period is what you discuss mutually. If you did not discuss that, you should have.

If you are still not satisfied with my reply, do post the house owner's address here so that people can avoid them.

blorexpl

Post by blorexpl »

I have the same problem. the owner did not paint the house when i moved in but is recovering the painting charges from my security deposit. Is there any forum where we can lodge a complaint against this legally

priyanks27

Post by priyanks27 »

landlords in Bangalore have started charging a lot for the painting charges. Our rent is Rs 16,500 and so that implies that our painting charges will also be Rs 16,500 deducted from our deposit which is Rs 70,000 , when we vacate the house. This is complete exploitation of our hard earned money. There should be some regulatory system which should control this exploitation.

I am put up in 20th Main Ejipura. Please dont take this house.

My previous experience in Bangalore is also same. Our last landlord had deducted more then one month rent. Brokers are goons here and they are total disrespect for the law.

rentzilla.in
Just Started
Just Started

Post by rentzilla.in »

Bangalore rental act clearly says that total rent should not be more than 10% of total hosue cost and increase should not be more than 3/4th of WPI. But where do we get such owners now a days?

psprabhu

Post by psprabhu »

Same case with me..my rent is 9500 house owner has deducted 23000 for painting charges. These owners are just not trustworthy at all. They just want to take away all the deposit paid by you.you hardly get anything from your deposit once you leave the house.

There should be some law passed against it.this is unfair.

Shankar12345

Post by Shankar12345 »

Hello All,

Do not take this house for rent, this guy deducted Rs30,000 for the painting charges, the rent was only Rs15,000. The painting charges were finally cost him Rs12,000 only.

The house address is RB07, Pruksha Silvana, Budigere Cross, Bangalore.

noname
Just Started
Just Started

Post by noname »

Yes, owners in Bangalore are exploiting the tenants.

Do not take the below house for rent as owner not good and asking or rather demading the tenant to paint the house.
Trying to exploit the tenant by demading to clean the house and give it in clean and neat condition when the house itself was not given in a good condition at the time of renting.

#111, 4th J cross, Kasturinagar, Bangalore-43.