Best places to live in Bangalore

Places and prices. Info on where to stay in Bangalore. Ask the members before you buy/rent house or land in Bangalore.
itsnavin
Just Started
Just Started

Post by itsnavin »

Hi guys
This is my first posting in this forums. My Europe company will soon be opening a new office in Bangalore. I don't know anything about Bangalore. Could you please provide information about the best places to live in Bangalore. We are seaching for best multi-storey apartments, independent houses with good facilities and cosmopolitan culture.

Also, how much traffic problems do you guys face while commuting? Private transport is better or public?

Thanks a lot for info.
Navin

Senthil

Everything of your choice is available in Bangalore

Post by Senthil »

Hi,
You can be assured you will get everything you have mentioned about in Bangalore. You will get choices for apartments and all. Almost all places are equally comfortable.

Regarding Bangalore traffic, it's too bad but enjoyble.(see another topic for the traffic related discussions here).

By the way, most IT companies are now getting their offices in WhiteField area which is quite better from traffic and cost point of view. Apart from office place, you will get beautiful residential apartments and independent houses there. I think that would be the best option for you.

itsnavin
Just Started
Just Started

Re: Everything of your choice is available in Bangalore

Post by itsnavin »

Senthil wrote:Hi,
You can be assured you will get everything you have mentioned about in Bangalore. You will get choices for apartments and all. Almost all places are equally comfortable.

Regarding Bangalore traffic, it's too bad but enjoyble.(see another topic for the traffic related discussions here).

By the way, most IT companies are now getting their offices in WhiteField area which is quite better from traffic and cost point of view. Apart from office place, you will get beautiful residential apartments and independent houses there. I think that would be the best option for you.
Hi
Thanks a lot for the info. Just another question, I could see there are companies in Electronic city and in white field area. Which area is better? Or both are good.

Another thing, from your profile I could see you belong to Hyderabad as well. Hyderabad is another town our european company has shortlisted to move to. Finally the choice is to be made between Hyd and Blr. Which one do you think is better in terms of cosmopolitan/European culture, Office settings, Traffic, residential facilities, schools etc. I think they are quite competitive. But my bosses are a bit concerned about the recent blasts there. But I've already explained them it shouldn't affect the working community. What are your views?

Also please could you tell me which areas are favorite destinations for companies in Hyd? Which ones are good residential areas?

thanks a lot for your help.
Navin

Senthil

Post by Senthil »

Between Electronic City and WhiteField, i would say, Whitefield is the best. EC has very poor infrastructure. Infosys has office in there and their employees used to call the area as "EC gaon" i.e. EC village. :shock:

I no longer stay in Hyderabad. Still some places of interest for you can be madhapur, miyapur ,kondapur etc.
Even though various types of threats are there everywhere, Bangalore seems to be more stable and advanced than Hyd. And bomb blasts are not a point in judging. Even more dangerous things happened in US and UK.
Ya, do tell us what you chose. Oh, after starting the company here you can publish a news report on this forum even :idea:

itsnavin
Just Started
Just Started

Post by itsnavin »

Thanks a lot for the information. I've now quite a clearer picture. I think Bangalore would be our final choice. Next month there is a visit planned to Blr & Hyd and after that the location would be final. I'll post my experiences here.

Thanks again

Machoo
Just Started
Just Started

Where to live in Bangalore?

Post by Machoo »

Hi there :-)

I will be working in Bangalore for one year; from January 2008. My office will be on Cunningham road.
Could you please give me some advice on which area to look for a place?

Doc
Expert
Expert

Re: Where to live in Bangalore?

Post by Doc »

Machoo wrote:Hi there :-)

I will be working in Bangalore for one year; from January 2008. My office will be on Cunningham road.
Places near cunningham road are quite expensive, i guess. Just see your preference. I think staying little far from office won't be a problem.(because whatever you do, wherever in bangalore you stay, you can't avoid traffic jams :wink: )

surii

Post by surii »

hii..i am little confused.Recently my office shifted to ITPL and my jhusband is working in electronic city.I am not able to decide which place i should stay so that for both it will be economical

Re: Where to live in Bangalore?

Post by guest »

Machoo wrote:Hi there :-)

R.T. Nagar is a good place to live in as it is just around 5-6 kms away from Cunningham road. Vasanth nagar is another resedential area to live but it might be bit expensive.

manav
Just Started
Just Started

Re: Best places to live in Bangalore

Post by manav »

Due to high pollution rate I'd suggest you to stay outskirts. Not in the center of the city!

Varun

Re: Best places to live in Bangalore* Cheap stay/lodge/hotel

Post by Varun »

Hi yesterday i went to Bangalore i stayed at Yatri Nivas (Guest Room). It is inside the Majestic Bus Terminus and tariff are as follows: Visitor room(stay) + fresh up :Rs.50(2 hrs), Rack Type bed/cot (sleeping facility):Rs.140(24 hrs), Individual Cot :Rs.160 (24 hrs).

Main thing is the toilet and bath room facility is same for all so, unless u stay for a long time or want to sleep don’t take 140/160 items due to non-availability of individual toilets.

50/140/160=shares same toilet+bathroom
* Bathroom + toilet = not bad quality/good

Amir

Post by Amir »

Varun wrote:Hi yesterday i went to Bangalore i stayed at Yatri Nivas (Guest Room).
Hey, i think this topic is about the best locality in Bangalore to stay on long term.

nmk7
Just Started
Just Started

Post by nmk7 »

Hi All,

I shifted to Blore for job few months back, my office is at Manyata Tech Park.
Present iam staying in a PG Near to office but the place is hell and its remote from the city for any thing mininum we need to travel 2 kms and for rests/hospitals min 4 kms need to travel.

I was from hyd , and i stayed at very good place in the center of the city and feeling very much difficult to stay here.

People says Blore is good compare to Hyd as its metro , but because of the place where i live in iam feelign hell. as i need to be in office by 8:30am and because of the traffic adjusting here forcely.

Iam planning to get my parents to stay with me , now they are staying at hometown,village.

But iam confused where to stay in Blore, please help me to decide some good place.

Iam lookign for good and safe resedital area and also it should have access to supermarkets/atm/hospitals/restaurants etc
as my parents from village they need to feel comfortable to stay ...

Please suggest.

albstp
Just Started
Just Started

Post by albstp »

u can stay in Sahakar Nagar which is a very good residential area and have all the facilities like banks, restaurants, supermarkets and lots of parks.

srinivasp
Just Started
Just Started

Post by srinivasp »

Hi Guys, I recently got offer in Blore and my company is located in Koramangala Block 5.. I will be moving in Jan 1st week, can any one suggest me the best residential place near by to office with reasoable rents, also what is the advance for rents? I see in forum that some are demanding 10 months/some 4 months etc...please suggest

Thanks
Srinivas