high time to think.............please everyone....

Share the day-to-day problems encountered in this city life. Let's find out solutions.
ankita1234
Just Started
Just Started

high time to think.............please everyone....

Post by ankita1234 »

Hi,
I am Sasmita,This is my first post in this forum.I was searching this type of forum long back.
T :o oday I got it.As we all know this year in winter everywhere it is very cold, but in Bnagalore it is always above 33 degree temperature, and we all know why it is so.Before 4-5 years how was the climate and now how it is, a hell and heaven diffrence, before Bangalore was known for best climate in India and now it is horrible.Do not you think that it is high time for all of us to wakeup.
Please I request everyone in this forum that we will aware people in our city not to cut any more trees not a single one, and most important no more extra building,whole city is full of buildings only now.I do not know how to start and how to proceed.But I am sure many people in this forum has some idea how to start this, somehow if we will be together we can stop both of this, there should be ban on building extra appartments in Bangalore.It is crossing its limit now.Atleast we can take our first step from our corresponding layouts or street, gathering people and disscuss this issue evey weekend.
Once I went to Pune there I saw a very good step.Whenever people are trying to cut a tree for building construction some 200-300 senior citizens went there and sit under the tree whole day and protest against this.So we can also start our own begining now.It is humble request to all.Please rply back with your views.

Thanks for reading,
Sasmita

Chief
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: high time to think.............please everyone....

Post by Chief »

Appreciate your suggestion Sasmita. Enjoy your stay at talkBangalore.

I would like to mention here that cutting trees and even branches of it in cities like Bangalore, is a punishable offence. If you see someone cutting tree (branches ) for any reason, just remind them that it's an offence and you would raise a complaint. That shoud do.

Cutting trees for constructions etc can be opposed if all of us stand together; as said in the post above. If you have any idea of plans to cut trees in/around Bangalore, please report here and we will do our best to let all Bangaloreans know and act on it.

StreetKing
Expert
Expert

Post by StreetKing »

I am in for the movement.

ankita1234
Just Started
Just Started

Post by ankita1234 »

Hi chief and strettalk,
thanks a lot for your support,and chief as you said can we really do this,I mean if we will complain you you can stop this.
And for stopping more construction we need to form a group.Otherwise we can not stop it.
What I meant is we have to protest against building construstion, the Bangalore govt should now ban on building construction,there is already more than enough building in Bangalore.
And there should be a rule that if you are constructing an appartment,you have to have more than double area of the appartment so that so many empty space will be there for park and trees.
But we can not do this with 2-3 people ,we need thousands of people as a group.
so we need to aware people first.I think it is a good start now,lets hope more people will come in our group so that we can appeal to govt about aur issue.

Thanks a lot again.

UpaliDutta
Expert
Expert

Post by UpaliDutta »

I am not sure but I think there are regulations already for greenery and free space around apartments. Time to dig into it.

Michael Kors Outlet

re: Linktipp

Post by Michael Kors Outlet »

While these lover-like thoughts were passing through his brain, the armourer loitered in his pace, often <a href="http://www.michaelkorsbags-outelts.com/" title="Michael Kors Purses">Michael Kors Purses</a> turning his eyes eastward, and eyeing the firmament, in which <br/>“What is the matter, my son Harry?” said Simon, who now appeared at the window. “I hear thy voice in another tone than I expected. What is all <a href="http://www.michaelkorsoutletstore-online.com/" title="Michael Kors Outlet Store Online">Michael Kors Outlet Store Online</a> this noise; and why are <br/>These words, which resounded far through the streets, were accompanied by <a href="http://www.michaelkorsoutletonlinstores.com/" title="Michael kors Outlet Online">Michael kors Outlet Online</a> as many fierce blows, dealt with good effect among those whom the armourer assailed. In the <br/>Valentine. He kept to the opposite side of the street, that he might reconnoitre their number and purpose. But one of the party who were beneath the window, observing <br/>“Clear the way, cateran,” said the armourer, in the deep stern voice which corresponded with the breadth <a href="http://www.michaelkorsbags-outelts.com/" title="www.michaelkorsbags-outelts.com">www.michaelkorsbags-outelts.com</a> of his chest.<br/>to him, from the appearance of the sky, that he was at least an hour too early for his purpose, and that it would be better not to appear at the place of rendezvous <br/>

Rajeeva
Just Started
Just Started

Post by Rajeeva »

Hello!!

Its nyc to see such an interesting topic here, It seriously is an issue actually a big one if you ask me. You see with time everything evolves, It is necessary to adapt to these changes even though the final outcome is the same all together. Before we find solutions, Its necessary to learn a little about the planet itself.

The first thing you have to know is, Global Warming is a natural issue, The planet will warm itself and the Arctic surfaces will melt eventually, Most of the animals you see will become extinct, (In-fact 80 - 90% of all the species that ever lived are extinct now). Keep this point in mind, cos most of the present "Environmentalists" think they can stop global warming!! That's never gonna happen fellows.

If everything is natural then why is this a big issue?
The answer is quiet simple, Remember in kindergarten? Whenever you seem to have had a brilliant idea, someone especially the older people always seemed to squash it? Its same as such, We the human race have started to add a few more gases to the atmosphere, Increasing the rate of warming by a huge factor!! What would have happened in a few hundred or probably thousand years has happened in a few decades due to industrialization!!

Now to the issue, I saw the suggestions made by ankita1234, I have a few alterations to what ankita has mentioned in here posts. It is impossible to stop the urbanization here, People migrate to Bangalore very frequently, So the settlers are increasing, Where do you dump these people who come into the city? You can't just ask them to leave the city as we can't build new buildings for them. Its not just the settlers, Its more of the people who live withing the city, The population keeps on growing, We can't stop the urbanization, Even if you have 50 - 60 people, Its hard to win a case against a construction company that wants to get a 40 * 60 site filled with trees it would take years in a court just to win one case, imagine if you had some 500 cases, Who would be willing to spend the time and money? It would take years and the outcome is not how we expect it to be.

The damage is already done, Its time to flow with the river and find solutions, rather than go against it. I like to classify the result into two parts:
1. Individual.
2. City.

Individual

In this part as an individual we have to think of what we could do at our homes. Simple stuff such as, Segregating the wastes into two, Bio=Degradable and Non Bio-Degradable (Or simply following what the BBMP has asked us to), Bathing with half the Heat that you use for bathing would save you a thousand over an year.

City

Imagine a few of the things listed above, If implemented by everyone in the city the difference would be huge!!Simple thing as using half the heat for bathing, We could save tonnes of coal that is burnt in thermal power plants by redirecting the hydro-electric power sent to the city to those areas.

Again, back to what ankita1234 has said. Planting household plants or building a garden at the roof tops of every building can help a little. Imagine every house having a little garden at the top of their roofs, From the sky you'll see the green leaves.

Secondly I consider apartments are better than having individual villa's/homes/bungalows, Quiet simple actually, instead of wasting 30 sq. miles of land building 300 homes, why not use 10 sq. miles to build an apartment and in the 20 sq. miles plant trees? Wouldn't that sound better?

Regards
Rajeeva
"Life is real ! Life is earnest!
And the grave is not its goal ;
Dust thou art, to dust returnest,
Was not spoken of the soul. "

~~~~~A Psalm of Life
~~~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Avery5
Just Started
Just Started

Post by Avery5 »

Thanks for the post!

vikramchiyyan
Just Started
Just Started

Post by vikramchiyyan »

Yeup nice article... There is a void difference in climate now and past... Only green revolution is suggestive answer for this. Any way its not individual work,, we have to work together... Atleast current government has to take care of this issue... Otherwise, Bangalore will become Rajastan!!!
GREEN REVOLUTION !!!