Paintings on the City Walls

Share the day-to-day problems encountered in this city life. Let's find out solutions.
Iftekhar Ahmed
Just Started
Just Started

Paintings on the City Walls

Post by Iftekhar Ahmed »

Hello All,

A very Happy and Prospurous New year to all the members of Bangalore Forum.

I am a new member here, I am new to writing some thing like the below, appreciate your comments and replies.

Today I am here to bring to your notice, one of the good initiatives taken by the BBMP (I think it is BBMP, if I am wrong plesae correct)
The initiative is to paint the walls of the city with the pictures describing the History or Places of significance of Karanataka.

This will increase the beauty of the city as well as discourage the people who paste the cinema posters(without even thinking twice before pasting a "A" grade movie poster) on these walls.
Apart from the above mentioned advantage this initiative has the following advantages,
1> It will provide a temporary employment to the Artists.
2> Stop people commiting neusance at the walls.
3> Increase the beauty of the city.

But In some areas I see only sketches are drawn, no colour is filled yet.
I doubt the authorities, whether they are paying the artists properly or not.

Thanks and Regards
-Iftekhar Ahmed

Charanya
Just Started
Just Started

Re: Paintings on the City Walls

Post by Charanya »

Oh the paintings are very nice. And yeah they are doing it professinally. Have a visit to places near Mekhri Circle you will see the paintings in vibrating colors.
May be they have just started the work in your place where you mention only sketches are done so far.

Mag123
Expert
Expert

Post by Mag123 »

Hey all,

I really hate people cutting the trees in and around bangalore for the purpose of metro. :evil:

People should keep the city cool. do let me know if i am wrong. They dig places and keep it open for more than 1 year, which makes middle class citizen's life hell..

We have to find some solution to this..

But is it possible??????? :?:

Ramarao K

Post by Ramarao K »

This post is a year old, probably started when The Great BBMP took up this beautification of Bangalore walls.

But now the state is, all the paintings are faded away, spitted over with pan & beeda by our uncivilized Indians, posters pasted on these painted walls, some walls are damaged and destroyed. Now the impression what we get is its quite a shabby work, even though the paintings were excellent some time back. The real issue is keeping them in good maintained condition is our responsibility.

The initiative was good, but BBMP has not given a thought about the question, Will Bangalorians keep up the beautified walls or they are going to spit on it?

The Governance is more keen to approve new Contracts but not in implementing the projects successfully. This is simply because every contract approved by a bureaucrat will bring huge money into his pocket, but even if the project fails there won’t be any penalties on the responsible officers.
Now the result is its waste of public money.

iahmed.mvt
Expert
Expert

Post by iahmed.mvt »

Hello Dear Ramarao,

I had totally forgot this post of mine, which I posted one year back.

As you mentioned the Walls looked very beautiful at that time, and now ... :(

Thanks a lot for your post, it made my day.. and also made me think how fast one year is gone..

Keep posting
--Iftekhar
www.MoneySutra.net
...A Unique Formula to Create Fortune

jamewhite86

Post by jamewhite86 »

When the metro city of the india and really very nice think and good looking for city. really great think painting onthe walls.thanks

Jogesh

LuUiIuXGOOv

Post by Jogesh »

They are lovely, aren't they? Also, a lot of pinaters get visibility with this work. These pinaters who might be lost to the winds of time have now (semi)permanently etched their name into the books of immortality. I loved the idea. Also I love that camera of yours that clicks so many wonderful pictures. You have picked the right pictures to upload for this post. Another beautiful post from you. Keep them coming!

sharmilabanu
Just Started
Just Started

Post by sharmilabanu »

I happened to pass by that way the painting on the wall was very beautiful and my kid enjoyed it too.