The wrong attitude of drivers and conductors in BMTC buses

Share the day-to-day problems encountered in this city life. Let's find out solutions.
baby
Just Started
Just Started

The wrong attitude of drivers and conductors in BMTC buses

Post by baby »

Hi,

Me and my friends took 30 rs bus pass for travelling to jayanagar.On the way we showed hands and stopped 1 bus and got into it.The conductor asked for the ticket .We showed the pass.The driver and conductor was furious about that and they kept on scolding us like "WASTE that we took you people by stopping the bus" since we had taken pass.This happened with 2 more bus conductors also.

Is it our mistake to take a pass?? Is it not provided by the government?

Also the BMTC bus conductors have a very cheap attitude of not giving the change back to the people who get into the bus and charging more than the money that is required to reach the spot.Since i had experienced personally with this people i want to launch a complain against them.

And the conductors touch the girls very often and ask tickets to them.Cant they speak ??
Many incidents happened to all of us.

The government provide so many allowances but still these people behave badly to public.

Are they not paid?
Dont they have a mother or sister?

The govenment should warn them seriously so that they do not behave in a cheap manner.

I dont mean it for all of them but most of them are like that....................:-(

UpaliDutta
Expert
Expert

Re: The wrong attitude of drivers and conductors in BMTC buses

Post by UpaliDutta »

Agree. Lodge complaints with BMTC. The conductors/drivers will get punished. Also now they have changed the rule of traffic violation by BMTC bus drivers. if a driver does not follow rules, BMTC used to pay money to traffic police account. Now onwards, the fine will be cut from the offending driver's salary.

One more thing. Never ignore/miss to take the change back. I would suggest you keep change always while travelling in bus. Auto also. Otherwise they will get the habit of "keep the change".

Just raise a complaint on Bnagalore traffic police website/email/phone regarding the bus-pass issue.

suds
Just Started
Just Started

Post by suds »

All complaints accepted except one.

Conductors touching while asking for ticket?

This so called misbehavior is not limited to just conductors but most of the males. If girls are having objection to this touch, then why they are wearing tight and short provocative dresses? Its natural that conductors and other males, who are not used to so much exposure, will be tempted. Girls dont mind wearing decently but do mind when get the much deserved so called "misbehavior". They dress as if there is always a dressing competition to wear the least amount of dress and show the curvature as clear as possible.

Now dont girls have decency to wear decent clothes??

Dont they have brothers and fathers?

DO they prefer to show the curvatures and reveal body parts infront of their brothers and fathers?

Chief
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Chief »

Topic moved to this forum.
@baby,
Please check the category you are posting a topic in.

Utpal
Expert
Expert

Post by Utpal »

And the BMTC bus conductors try to keep 1 or 2 rupees extra saying they do not have change. So keep enough change with you when travelling by bmtc buses. They also do not give tickets many times and simply keep the money to themselves. Do not let them do so. Afterall, they are being paid salary for the work and it does not matter how many passengers go in the bus.

They are not handicapped or something that you will feel good by offering a few rupees.

sheik ahamed

Rash Driving

Post by sheik ahamed »

I have seen always BMTC buses go middle of the road, when stop comes they will take left side for stopping the bus, again they will come in between they will not see back or front, they just go in over speed, already authorites are given instructions to BMTC drivers to drive only left side, but no one is following and they abolishing traffic rules, Traffice Police also not bother to punish BMTC drivers..

kiran22

Post by kiran22 »

Atleast they go to the side of the road while stopping.
Here in Hyderabad, buses stop in the middle of road. Load and unload pasengers. Sometimes suddenly a bus will stop in the middle of road and the driver says "no mood to go. Everyone get down." :lol:
The bus stays there inthe middle of traffic. Traffic flows on footpath. (though there are no footpaths in hyderabad.)

zabin

Post by zabin »

I am really fed up with these BMTC bus drivers and conductors. And today in this book one more chapter was added :| . I was waiting in the 3rd Block Jayanagar bus stop for a shivaji nagar bus. I saw one MBS14 coming in. It was 8.30 in the morning and I was happy that I will reach office on time. The bus came but it stopped way after the bus stop. Hurriedly I headed towards the bus front door. One more girl reached before me and as soon as she stepped into the bus, the driver raised the engine and started the bus. I was behind her and have to run to catch the bus as I was not expecting that it will start even though the bus driver is seeing me. Few people started screaming from behind thinking that I may fell, but luckily I didn't. I entered the bus and asked the driver "Uncle can't u see I was boarding the bus, I may have fallen down." I am a non-kannadiga person I told this in Hindi because I have seen that people know Hindi very well. The driver answered me in Kannada(I understand Kannada but can't speak), "Why are u speaking in hindi?, tell in kannada." and some more rubbish things and it seems he was enjoying this a lot. I didn't wanted to start my day with a fight so I kept quiet and went inside. On the way I was observing that fellow, he was repeating the same thing and even asked one person why are in such a hurry. I thought of answering him, "You are already in duty but we ought to be on duty on time, that is why", but as I told I was not in a mood to fight(Ramzaan is going on and I am fasting, I should not indulge in all these things) and moreover I don't know kannada so I was sure that he will take benefit of that. In Addition he was driving the bus crazily as if he is giving us a roller coaster ride with the BMTC fare and the looks were like "I am doing a favor to you". I don't know when these people will get "BUDHI"

Shaik

Post by Shaik »

You should have taken a foto of his face, or better, video of him talking the rubish and send it to BMTC and also share on the net. Infact, taking some video would have made him silent. There are some phone numbers and email IDs for BMTC compaints in this forum. Use them.

Ria

Re: The wrong attitude of drivers and conductors in BMTC bus

Post by Ria »

I was travelling in the BMTC bus. The conductor wrote behind the ticker Rs.50 change that he owes me. From the previous stop he dint even come in front and throughout the journey kept yelling at passengers. Not able to get the change I was forced to get down because my stop was already there. The bus was damn crowded that I couldnt walk behind to get the change. It is really annoying that the conductor wrote solid Rs.50 behind the ticket. Can understand if they write Re.1 to Rs.9 but which conductor wont have a Rs.50 note ? I still have the ticket. Can I claim back by any chance ?

___Prasad___

Post by ___Prasad___ »

Even I experienced an erratic behavior by the conductor. And to my surprise, I am surprised to see tons of such complains. I am new to the city, and I travel very rarely in buses.

I think the biggest point of strength which these conductors get is lack of effective action ever taken against them. Today, when I said, I will complain against him (conductor), he laughed at me and passed abusive comments. When I went to BMTC website, I was not surprised to see the Managing Director's phone always coming busy. I am sure, he was not attending to any customer grievances, if he had ever attended to any, such rates of complains wouldn't have come which we unfortunately are seeing today. Ultimately, I called up one vigilance officer and he told me to submit a written complaint, some evidence that we traveled by that bus and some more evidence which proves our complaint is true and lastly some witness and then they will take legal actions against these conductors. No wonder, these cheap conductors have got such solid backbones. The point of the judiciary which the BMTC is following is such that, no complain can ever go through. I even feel, the complain which I wrote (not much evidence actually) will ever be heard anytime.

I seriously pity all the customers who are undergoing trauma because of these cheap, low life conductors.

Parthiv

Post by Parthiv »

Ria wrote: I still have the ticket. Can I claim back by any chance ?
Sorry, but I dont think anyone would refund that. Some conductors knowingly do that and some do it genunely due to non-availability of change. Golden rule is "have exact change with you while travelling in auto/bus".

FRUSTRATEDCUST

Post by FRUSTRATEDCUST »

Hi I was travelling from BTM to basavangudi on 4-3-2012 at 9.30 am in BMTC 60 E bus(which goes to vijayanagar via basavangudi).Driver itself was collecting tickets.I paid him 50 Rs(as i was taking ticket for both me and my frend) from water tank to basavangudi.Rs 12 each was the ticket charge.Driver had to pay me 26 Rs change .He just wrote the change behing one of the tickets and dumped it in my hand which fell down(becoz of air) .Driver has seen this.However i manage to pick one ticket which had fallen down.couldnt pick the other one as it fell inside the gear box.Since bus was not at all crowded(hardly had 7-8 people i assumed that drivwer would remeber that ticket fell down and he had to pay change.However i had one ticket with me.While getting down in basavangudi when i asked for the change .Driver asked for the ticket .I gave him one ticket and told him the other one had fallen down which he has also seen.and i told him to pay my change back.But rather than paying the change driver started abusing me without even minding that i am a lady and started using slang wrds.At one pointof time even came to hit me.But none of the passengers came to our rescue all were dumb spectators.I have noted down the bus number -KA01F 3119.Its not the matter of change .I am not lodging this complaint for getting my change but to show people how drivers cheat people and misbehave using abusive words.Since there is no prper rules and no one to monitor these people they behave in this way without any fear.I request to take this complaint seriously and take appropriate action on the driver for misbehaving and cheating

Eki

trTtFPSvlVhuOYXqO

Post by Eki »

it is really sueprb and as biggies in picture, it will help millions of people in bangalore .Interestingly mobile app, which does not require SMS/does not required GPRS is again very practial because everyone is having mobile, but not web ! Mobile offline bus search is just superfast and cost no money, while using map one need to go to Web (using desktop or mobile !) and it cost money/time . So Let's wait for something really cool from biggies (or startups like us !)Ref :Discl : I am part of Mobile 4 Mumbai, Mobile 4 Bangalore.

shivaganga

Re:Driver vulgar behavior

Post by shivaganga »

I travel by Bus From uttarahali to Market route 210 H (ladies Special Bus) almost daily and the bus no. KA01 FA -4858 Driver Name Manju R V gowda, he doesn’t gave stop to correct place of bus stop, if we ask stop the bus he shouts at vulgar languages especially on girls and ladies. Can someone take some action on him?