BSNL sim card Bangalore address proof nightmare

Share the day-to-day problems encountered in this city life. Let's find out solutions.
Rupak Das

BSNL sim card Bangalore address proof nightmare

Post by Rupak Das »

Hi Bangaloreans, sad to see the stupid behaviour of bsnl staff about local address proof for sim cards. I had my rental agreement and pan card and passport copy with me. Rental agreement has the local address. But the lady in the counter said "we have stopped accepting that as address proof". "do you have any scheduled bank passbook?" I said i have bank accounts but they dont issue passbooks, and i dont have sbi account. She said not necesserily sbi, there are many other scheduled banks. I said i have accounts with citi, axis bank, hdfc bank, icici .... she said no ..

Then I asked can I get my landlord's electricity bill for this? She said, u need to get ALL his documents and all your documents. I said what is ALL? She wasn't sure.. was blabbering .. sometimes saying get the copies of id proof address proof.. then said get all your original documents passport, dl etc and ge all originals from landlord and a letter in writing.....

Bloody bsnl staff, they know how to neglect customers and all to the company's losses forever. This time I would vote for a party who promises to privatise bsnl and remove all these illiterate 'sarkari' staff.