Garbage crisis in Bangalore

Share the day-to-day problems encountered in this city life. Let's find out solutions.
Offbeatlounge1

Garbage crisis in Bangalore

Post by Offbeatlounge1 »

Hi Bangaloreans,
A smelling reality staring at us from every corner of this city quite strikingly is nothing, but garbage.
Turning my head away from this is no way helping to scale it down. Pretending that it is only others problem might be helpful in creating a pseudo aura of ignorant bliss, but only helping to compound the crisis that is potent enough to affect our quality lives from every angle.
The sheer volume and complexity of this garbage issue coupled with insufficient infrastructure and execution difficulties increases the intensity of the challenge posed.
‘Bangalore: City of Filth’, ‘Garbage stink in Garden City’, ‘Bangalore drowning in its garbage’ has been hitting news headlines reflecting the gravity of waste disposal crisis faced by India’s IT hub.
Is it only BBMP inefficiency; or, also a sign of betraying citizen responsibility?
Can I contribute something to help my city regain its old glory of ‘the Garden City’?

http://offbeatlounge.wordpress.com/

dhanyatalks
Just Started
Just Started

Re: Garbage crisis in Bangalore

Post by dhanyatalks »

Hi Readers

Garbage is no more going to be a crisis in Bangalore since BBMP itself has taken measures to segregate waste and has laid down guidelines for the same. Waste management could have been started by the BBMP very early. But "Better late than never". I appreciate this venture and the BBMP has given us a chance for a city makeover.So let's segregate waste and save ourselves.. But BBMP has to ensure that all these segregated wastes are properly channelized to the respective plants for recycling.Otherwise the effort taken by the people would be useless.Now BBMP has taken up this challenge and this issue has to be tackled and resolved in the best interest of citizens.I am very enthusiastic to contribute and I admit that segregation requires extra time and a bit of patience. If we think of the sufferings of people living near the landfills this effort is not so big!! Decomposing wet waste and the compost produced out of it can be given to our farmers thereby encouraging organic farming in our state.
So we hope that BBMP will give Bangalore a permanent aesthetic waste management solution and of course that can be achieved through citizen's co-operation and effort.

Just Saying

Re: Garbage crisis in Bangalore

Post by Just Saying »

lowering gneration of garbage is real permanent solution. we are all looking at quickfix for problems. for traffic jams we are creating more and more flyovers. but you cant go on making flyovers for ever. we need to reduce the city population and consumerism.