BULK SMS Banned! Why am I still getting the Promo SMS ADs?

Drop in here the latest news you have. You must be fast enough before the newspapers/TV catch it.
Doc
Expert
Expert

BULK SMS Banned! Why am I still getting the Promo SMS ADs?

Post by Doc »

It's the best decission ever made by Deptt of Telecom, India, to ban bulk SMS advertisements.
What I read in the news is that the genuine service sms e.g. airlines, news, bank transactions etc won't be affected by this decission. But spammy advertising sms will be capped.

However, I am still getting sms advertisements from unknown sources via bulk sms services. I have been registered in DND (do not disturb) directory since years. Can anyone shed some light on why the SPAMMERS are still active?

Some examples: "buy property in bangalore", "kill pests" etc... real pain in @$$.

Arushguy

Re: BULK SMS Banned! Why am I still getting the Promo SMS AD

Post by Arushguy »

im too getting all the ad sms till now. insectkill, cheap realestate, gold, dr batra, everything. Do these parasites trouble everyone in bangalore? :evil:

Mexica
Knowing Better
Knowing Better

Post by Mexica »

Seems bulk SMShave increased in recent days. Govt should be strict on those companies that sell bulk sms for cheap. Andmany free sms service websites take peoples mobile numbers and sell it to the bulk advertisers.

Sen
Expert
Expert

Post by Sen »

TRAI should keep a number available for customers to forward illegal promo SMS. Too big problem for mobile phone users in Bangalore. I get bunch of stupid text messages from
lm698765
message is about "govt approved 40x60 sites near mysore"
and the fraudsters number is 9739700052

Sunil

Post by Sunil »

If You are getting promo messages then you had better register your cell no.in DND list call 1909.

Bagmat
Just Started
Just Started

Post by Bagmat »

If you are still getting unwanted calls / sms after registering in DND, please call 1909 and choose the option "register a complaint"
If you do that within 3 days of receiving the unwanted calls/sms, your complaint will automatically be accepted and nothing else is required from your part. The offending numbers will be deactivated. It works. Just make sure all of us do the same as soon as possible.