Soft water + daughter's hair = no bueno HELP!

Yoga and natural cure topics.
Ngarndeya
Just Started
Just Started

Soft water + daughter's hair = no bueno HELP!

Post by Ngarndeya »

Ok, so we moved a bit less than a year ago to the country and we now have very soft water. My hair LOVES IT! Seriously? Some of the best hair of my life. Unfortunately, my daughter's hair is suffering. We can't seem to figure out how to fix it either. Her hair is very different than mine. She has 1c/2a/F/ii-iii blond hair. Normally it is so fine and soft that it can't stay in ponytails or braids very well. Normally.

Now it has lost it's shine, has a heavy build-up/waxy texture, especially near the roots, and her scalp is beginning to suffer. I've had her stop using conditioner. She has tried different shampoos, even a hard water one I had from when we lived in a hard water area, and Dr. Bronner's Peppermint liquid Castille soap. Nothing is working. I just bought a shampoo bar from Whole Foods (forget the brand) today to see if that will help. The attendant said I could bring it back if it doesn't work.

The water is from a spring/well and is not due to a water softener, so there is no adjusting it. Also, the rest of up are loving this water. My son (also a mini-long-hair) and I have shiny soft hair now instead of a dried out mess. All I can find on line is what it does, but not how to deal with it. And even that is very little as most water articles are about hard water.

So, please, any help is appreciated. Please note she is 11yo so is not going to want to get very complicated about her routine. We just need something that will make it feel clean and return the shine and softness. She does not wash it every day, maybe once a week.

Again, thanks in advance.