Beware of Venture adventure club

Know your rights and get value for money. Do you feel cheated? embarrassed?
Raise your voice here. Let's make them BLACK-LISTED!
stopthecrap
Just Started
Just Started

Beware of Venture adventure club

Post by stopthecrap »

Hi guys, am sharing one of the worst experiences in my life.Me and my wife attended this hopeless trip organised by Venture adventure club(first timers in the business for sure) that we booked from koovs.com on 18th april 2010 in Bangalore.
Start of trip :( The long wait for pickup)I called the organiser Mr lalit for pickup and was told to reach marathalli junction by 7:30 and we were there by 7:20 am.Arrival of mini bus(khatara bus) at 8:10 am.This just shows how well organised this trip must have been.
We were taken to hoskote road and then suddenly the bus took a left turn towards a mud road.To our surprise the bus was being driven in fields.People were thinking ,is this some kind of kidnapping plan or are we going to be made to do kheti baadi(I doubt if these organisers had taken prior permission for organising such activity on that land.
We were amongst the first to reach the final destination where the para sailing was supposed to take place(around 9:00 am).Now we were made to wait for 1 hr for the other bus and jeeps to arrive.We could see one jeep around 200 mts from our place,where the organisers were preparing for the parasailing event.What height of mismanagement,they made people wait for 2 hrs before the para sailing could start.
These organisers were so sure of their inability to organise this event that they made everyone sign a declaration, that said “We not responsible for anything that happens to the participants”
After wasting another 30 mins in this formality,we were given breakfast(2 items).The parasailing event finally started around 10:30 am.There were no tents in place and people were made to stand in the hot sun for hours together for their turn.
After waiting for over an hour in the hot sun we finally got a change to try parasailing.The person who was tying us to the parachute could only speak kannada so there was total miscommunication.
They asked us our weight and there was a huge difference in the weight (20kg) between the 2 of us.I wish I was told at that moment that we should try parasailing 1 person at a time as such difference in weight between 2 participants can be dangerous.
They had no safety precautions in place.No elbow or knee guard inspite of people getting injured the day before.(had I known about this beforehand I would have not even tried this).
The ground where we were standing was uneven and anyone would fall easily forget running a few steps.We had hardly got the ropes tied to us when the jeep started pulling us.Within in a few seconds we went through the a nightmare.My wife slipped and fell right at the start and was dragged away by the jeep and I it only stopped when I also fell on the ground.There was not enough air at the time we tried parasailing and that’s probably one of the reasons why the air never got filled in the parachute.
My wife got severe injuries in her left arm.Her entire left arm’s skin has come off and she can’t even move her hand.These organisers had no proper first aid available.They sprayed neosprin powder on her wound that had expired 4 years back.They did not have any antiseptic cream to apply on the wounds and we had to rush her to a clinic that was like 6-7 kms away from this remote place.
These guys did not even bother to call us and check how my wife was feeling.We were so disappointed that we did not wish to suffer more and went back home.
I think we made a wise decision of going back home as I came to know that people had to go through more torture on this so called adventure trip organised by the unexperienced and incompetent Venture adventure club.
I would only say that these guys are just trying to make a fool of people and have no experience in organising an adventure trip.I would request everyone to avoid such trips which are organised by such inexperienced guys who don’t even care about the basic needs to be taken care of while organising a trip.

[Anonymous report received by Moderator-
"Can we have the photograph of this person attending the event or coupon, koovs does para sailing with axe adventure and horizon too, which is in white gypsy we do it in green, and we are 100% this gentleman has not done para sailing with us"]

Vishu
Just Started
Just Started

Re: Beware of Venture adventure club

Post by Vishu »

stopthecrap wrote:hopeless trip organised by Venture adventure club(first timers in the business for sure) that we booked from koovs.com
:lol: You fell for it, huh? Whoever operated this Koovs website appears to be a big cheat too. They got my email ID from a job site and sending me spam advertisements on unlimited beer in some unknown hotel outside bangalore city. couple of times they have sent events from venture adventure club. Now you know what to avoid. :lol:
KOOVS, VENTURE ADVENTURE CLUB, and the unknown beer shops. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post by Guest »

We at Venture Adventure Club are shocked to see your comment which is base less and false, who has paid you to write this.

Any ways good story, we use solo parasail and not tandem as said in your false story, all our instructors speak hindi english and kannada.

Stop publishing false story for as you have done here for some cash.

itismohit

Post by itismohit »

Well, thanks for the feedback.
I was about to get into a luring offer from koovs, venture adventure.
But when I tried to call the number given in offer, to my surprise, the number dont exist.

So I thought of looking for some feedback on internet. And here I found you.

I also called koovs and enquired about any requirement on training and experience in Kayaking. And she said no experience is required.
It needs good training to handle kayaks, because once it gets upside down, its not easy for novice to turn it around.

I think somebody's gonna drown this weekend.
Thanks for saving me.

Bi nisha

Post by Bi nisha »

Dear Mohit,

I think you are missing it.These guys had conducted this last year as well when I was in Bangalore.(It was slightly cheap then though).I attended this event with my PG mates( 5 girls) and loved it.We had no issues with Kayaks and they also give you those life jackets or whatever you call it as.The way they conduct the event is good as well.The Trainers do speak Hindi and English (yes a little broken but one can understand) and they crack small little jokes in between the event to ease your fear. :lol: The above might be few of the bad experiences but i and my friends love it.The day am in Bangalore, am gonna take it. :mrgreen:

Vijay

Post by Vijay »

Hi Friends,

Well I am little confused after going through all your comments on Venture Adventure Club nevertheless I am planning to try it once but surprised to see that the contact number given in website doesn't exist . I read the blog from Mr.lalit ( a member of VAC, and again the number given is wrong ) ..
Can anyone help me to get their contact number ?

Thanks
Vijay

johndj

Post by johndj »

Post by Guest »

Venture Adventure club wants this false story to be removed, please do it asap or you we may have to take legal step.

Lalit kumar

Dua

Post by Dua »

Guest wrote:Venture Adventure club wants this false story to be removed, please do it asap or you we may have to take legal step.

Lalit kumar
whats going on? and what about mr lalit kuman (no offence intended). the way you wrote makes me LMAO.

are you lalitkumar, or his enemy or a 3rd person? looks like you are a fake. infact all are looking fakes including me :lol:

Dileep

Post by Dileep »

Hi Guys..

I was about to book the same through Snapdeals for my Wedding anniversary. It is mentioned Kanakapura in Snapdeals. So, I just googled to find Venture adventure club website and reached here.
Is it in Kanakapura or Yelahanka??? Or the places will be keep on changing???

Now I am pretty confused to book it becoz, I dont want to get any bad things on my Weding anniversary day... :wink:

Can someone suggest me is it good to spend time in Venture adventure club?? The reason why I am bit cautious is that I had an utter bad experience at Innovative Film City (Not at all worth).So, Now I am going through reviews before stepping ahead.
Here is the deal I saw in snapdeal...

"Buckle up for some weekend fun! Pay Rs 499 for a Day Outing Package including transportation + breakfast + lunch + High Tea + High rope traverse + Kayaking + Jumaring + Target shooting worth Rs 1200 at Venture Adventure Club"

If someone feel free to call me at 9620071112 and share your experience , I am happy..

ansh

Post by ansh »

http://bangalore.justdial.com/venture-a ... XXPhlq.htm

I guess its better if avoided.. esp on a special day

Frustrated

Post by Frustrated »

This guy Lalit is a moran... My frnds and i planned to go to this adventure trip after we found the Ad inTimes of india paper for Rs.450 so i called him last week for booking this adventure sports for saturday, this guy told me tat it is booked for weekends and asked me to cal next week tuesday. So as asked i called him on tuesday.. He again asked to cal later in the evening...So i called him in evening, later he asked me to SMS the details to him and he promised that he will cal me back ( which he nvr called back), so nxt day i cal his number to find my call is waiting... So again tried after sometime , but for my surprise my call was still waiting....Again after half hour i tried he disconnects the call.... I still dont wanna giveup i tried calling him again after somemore time to find he is not attending my call... Since i had promised my frnds that i will take thm there , even after he is not acknowledging my call, without any shame i Messaged him asking about the booking....he is still not bothered to even reply back... If he doesnt wanna accept any bookings he could hav told me... I wouldnt have been wasting my time...Guys please try this adventure club....

Post by Guest »

A big NO... Don't even think of opting for it. You will end with frustration, just the way we ended.
We went here yesterday, a group of 8 people. And all are totally disappointed.
Reasons:
1) We were provided a Sumo for 8 of us, no other passengers. Still the didn't even agree to come to door step (where as earlier they agreed), rather asked all of us to come to the main road. But we thought "it's no big deal" and walked till main road. When we reached and called up the organised, he said cab is reaching is 5 mins. Still we had to wait on the main road over 30 mins.

2) We waited long for the activities to start. On top of that the activities performed over there are nowhere near to the way the photos given in the website.
Rappelling was good.
Chimni climbing Total waste, no excitement.
Kayaking - Only 5 mins given. So better go for boating to some lake in Bangalore.
High rope traverse - Initially they it will be over a river. Total fake, it was on ground and at height of 6 feet. Again zero excitement.
Target shooting - Just 3 bullets given. Better go for some balloon shooting at any fare.
Paint ball - Just 10 balls given, if you want extra, 100rs charged for 10.

Food was just okay... Snacks means tea and parle-g biscuit :)

3) On return the driver and organised totally messed up. The driver dropped stopped the vehicle at a place 1.5kms from our pickup point and said "I am not going forward". When called the organiser Mr Lalit, he said the driver will drop you pls wait. But the driver is not even ready to talk to organiser or move. Finally he left the vehicle open and walked away. Great..... we had to walk without any option.

The guy from ventureadventure Lalit is total nonsense, freaky liar. And the organisers at Ramnagaram are not trained, not at all organised. Complete waste...

And for all these we had paid 1200... Guys whoever is reading it, we suffered a lot. But you have a choice, so don't go for it. There could be hundreds of better options...
Finally we had to to walk

virat

Post by virat »

Guest wrote:Just 10 balls given, if you want extra, 100rs charged for 10.

Food was just okay... Snacks means tea and parle-g biscuit :)
Most intreresting parts :lol:

IMHO, transport gliches occur in many events. Other things you mentioned are points to be noted.

Lalit

Post by Lalit »

thanks for the post, to comment you should know what are you talking, have you seen our kayaks, or have you the knowledge of types of kayaking?

hello FYI there are two types of kayaking, white water and still water, we don't have white water kayaking in Bangalore (except Bheemeshwari 110km from here.), so the kayak you are talking about is the skirt type white water kayak and the flipping you are talking about is the Eskimo roll and what you are talking is rubbish as you have slightest idea of what you want to say you just want to comment without any knoladge.

kayaks we use are still water kayak and not the white water kayaks as foolishly thought by you, still water kayaks are open kayaks and is well fabricated it flips only when tried intentionally (its more expensive than your bike if you have one) mind you i am not a person who started this club just like that, i am an guest instructor to govt of Karnataka for aero sports, bhemeshwari our sister consent club operates with JLR for rafting so plz don't make a fool of yourself think before you say something.