Airtel 3G in Bangalore. Horror story!

Know your rights and get value for money. Do you feel cheated? embarrassed?
Raise your voice here. Let's make them BLACK-LISTED!
Deez
Just Started
Just Started

Airtel 3G in Bangalore. Horror story!

Post by Deez »

Hi Bangaloreans,
This thread will be much interesting as I go on publishing the way Airtel does 3G billing fraud. Especially with Post-paid users.
So let's start!

I called airtel customer care for info on 3G. He (male voice) told me about the plans. I chose a plan Rs 200/ 250MB, 1month.
There was a catch. Airtel would charge me 30ps/20kb after I cross the 250MB limit. That's Rs 30000/- for 2GB usage! Holy $h1t!!

Ok, I asked "how can I know my data usage?"
He said no, there is no such option for postpaid customers.
I said, What the ....
He said, but you will get SMS when you cross 80% and 100% usage levels.
I said OK. Activated.

TIll this pont, if you want to verify, just call airtel and follow the same process.
Interesting episodes coming soon...

kimm

Re: Airtel 3G in Bangalore. Horror story!

Post by kimm »

what happened next? :shock:

Deez
Just Started
Just Started

Post by Deez »

After using the internet for 2 days, I got an SMS saying I had crossed the quota YESTERDAY. (SMS came after 20 hours) And it said to call custmer care if I wanted to upgrade package.

I called customer care. Seems the guy had a fight with someone at home. I askd him what is this SMS all about. He said No IDEA!!!
(I was about to tell GET IDEA).
He said "wait till your bill is generated. Then you will come to know."

I askd, "You mean, after 2 days of internet usage in a month, I will get a bul$hit SMS and you dont know what it is (as if God sent the SMS). And I should wait the whole month to know what it is. Should I stop using the internet?"

His answer was "As you wish"

Deez
Just Started
Just Started

Post by Deez »

I forgot to tell. All conversations with these crappy customer care agents are charged and NOT free.

jamescraigmtts
Just Started
Just Started

Post by jamescraigmtts »

I agree with your post it is very much true that Airtel is the biggest fraud company when it comes to billing. The customer service is horrible experience as well.

Muthoo

Post by Muthoo »

Yes, I also got cheated by AIRTEL with their 3G service.
When I email, they say they have STATE OF THE ART systems for error free billing!!
I hate AIRTEL!!

Funny

Post by Funny »

It's funny Airtel now realized that everyone on internet have come to know about their 3G billing fraud.
Recently I saw a mail in SPAM folder.. airtel says "now we have improved our billing system.... take a Rs 150/- 3g plan and the bill cant exceed Rs 3500/-"

hahaha... i.e. now they say the amount of fraudulent billing will be limited to Rs 3500 for a person who has taken Rs 150/- plan. :lol: :lol: :lol: