Known Cheaters in Bangalore

Know your rights and get value for money. Do you feel cheated? embarrassed?
Raise your voice here. Let's make them BLACK-LISTED!
Cyphor
Knowing Better
Knowing Better

Known Cheaters in Bangalore

Post by Cyphor »

There is a HP Petrol Station on New BEL Road which is known to cheat citizens. It usually bears a deserted look as most of the people in the vicinity know the fact. However, people who are unaware that they will end up paying for a quantity of petrol which they eventually wont get, often fall prey.

It happened to me once and I have never filled petrol at that particular station again and keep advising people and friends that I know not to buy petrol at that station.

There is a computer service and sales store in Basaveshwar Nagar called Smart Systems located at MIG 132, 2nd Stage, 80 Feet Road, KHB Colony, Basavesbwar Nagar, Bangalore-79.

Last December, I purchased a computer from them with a specific configuration on mind. I shelled out over Rs.58,000 only to realize a week later that I had been done in. Not only I had been made to pay far more than the system hardware cost at that time but also I had been supplied with faulty material. The hardware malfunctioned adding to my problems. I had to replace the DVD R/W drive, buy a new UPS, replace the Pentium D processor, replace RAM and still I could not get the performance that had to be expected from a Rs.58,000 costing computer.

I spoke to Smart Systems and expressed my concern and even told them that I would file a case against them in a people's court. They seemed prepared to face it denying that they had cheated with the deal in any way. For lack of time, on my part, I did not go ahead with suing the vendor and I did not want to get into any legal brawls.

I helped one of my friends four months ago to buy a computer, the configuration being the same as mine and it cost him Rs.31,000. It made me all more intrigued. I was not ready to believe that the cost of computer hardware had reudced by nearly 50% in a span of 8 to 9 months.

Sen
Expert
Expert

The HP petrol station cheating

Post by Sen »

Petrol Station cheating has been a common issue in Bangalore for quite long time. See an article on that:

Code: Select all

http://www.deccanherald.com/Content/Oct292007/city2007102932959.asp
Still it's strange that there is no quality check being done by the government. I know of surprise raids on petrol stations in many cities to check the quality. Why not in Bangalore?

Doc
Expert
Expert

Re: Known Cheaters in Bangalore

Post by Doc »

Cyphor wrote:Last December, I purchased a computer from them with a specific configuration on mind. I shelled out over Rs.58,000 ...
58k for a computer in Bangalore, last year :!:

And it sounds like it was an assembled one. Can you tell the configuration? This sounds like serius cheating :?

Cyphor
Knowing Better
Knowing Better

Post by Cyphor »

Computer configuration:

Intel Dg965RY Desktop Board
Intel Pentium D Processor [Processor fan failed soon]
1 GB RAM
160 GB HDD
Geforce 6600 Graphics Card
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy sound card
Samsung 19-inch TFT Monitor
Sony R/W DVD Drive [Malfunctioned shortly after purchase]
APC Back UPS [Malfunctioned shortly after purchase]

All this without a genuine operating system.

Sen
Expert
Expert

That sounds OK...

Post by Sen »

The config does not sound you are cheated much, right?
It's the quality that mattered in this case :(