landlord eating half of my of house rent advance

Know your rights and get value for money. Do you feel cheated? embarrassed?
Raise your voice here. Let's make them BLACK-LISTED!
Yash

landlord eating half of my of house rent advance

Post by Yash »

Please help me get back my house rent advance. I had paid approximately 6 months advance and now lef tthe house. I had given the owner 1 months notice and it is more than 1 months after I left the house. The owner still not returning back my advance money. he is saying "until another tennant comes here, I will deduct money from your advance." What should I do? Lodge FIR with police? Please suggest dear members.

Arion003
Expert
Expert

Re: landlord eating half of my of house rent advance

Post by Arion003 »

Do you have the rent agreements and record of deposit paid? If so, then you can send him a legal notice, you can draft this yourself but it will help if this goes on the letterhead of a lawyer.

Let the legal notice summarise all details of your dealings i.e., you paid x deposit, the terms of the lease were termination with x months notice, refund of deposit to take place x days from or immediately upon termination etc. Also summarise how you have vacated the premises on x date and he is yet to refund your deposit. Also mention that you will be proceeding with legal action if he doesn't refund it in x-days. And if he doesn't do file a claim in small claims court. I am sure once he receives the legal notice he will react, hopefully positively.

You can go and talk to the cops, but since this is a civil claim its unlikely that they will take action. Also, he hasn't refused to refund your deposit so our police is unlikely to do anything. Worth a try if you think.

Hope this helps.

Francifighter
Just Started
Just Started

Post by Francifighter »

You can go and talk to the cops,that's good

srividhya
Just Started
Just Started

Post by srividhya »

Please help us. We are a couple staying in rented house. We have paid ten months advance and moved in without enquiring anything. Now the landlord is imposing so many conditions that were not informed before. He is witholding water totally. Everday we are suffering and crying, I am going into depression. We want to move out as soon as possible. But that guy is arguing he will not give advance as we are moving before 11 months. Is this the way people who don't know local language are treated in bangalore? Can somebody give any legal help. The landlord's address is

No.259, 7th main, 80 feet road, indira street first cross, subbannapalya extension,
bangalore-33

The guy name is Shilpachar.S

babu

Post by babu »

Landlords are eating tenets money with cutting in advanced money - this very painful for the middle class families-Bangalorea- landlord doesnt have ethics- especially marthahalli,mahadevpura,kr puram ,ramamurthinagar areas

babu

Post by babu »

we came from andhrapradesh remote villages- where we doesnt have water resource for agirculture- we are samll employees working in bangalore- taking rent houses it very diffcult here in bangalore- while vaccating houses- one month rent is collecting towards painting charges- there is no ethics - tiolet Pit will become full for every month-

Landlords are eating tenets money with cutting in advanced money - this very painful for the middle class families-Bangalorea- landlord doesnt have ethics- especially marthahalli,mahadevpura,kr puram ,ramamurthinagar areas