Please help me in choosing web hosting

Whatever personal problems we may have, let's share it together, seek advice and feel better.

0zas
Just Started
Just Started

Please help me in choosing web hosting

Post by 0zas »

Hi everyone,
I am sorry for possible offtopic, but I need your help in find new web hosting provider as soon as possible, because my current host (ixwebhosting.com) is kicking me off, they say 'your account is using a lot server resources', but my website gets only about 200 visitors per day and my disk usage is 1500 MB (maybe they do not like that?)

Anyway, what would be your recommendations for getting reliable web hosting? Where are you hosting your websites? Are you happy with your providers?

I am now checking http://www.hosting24.com/ - offer looks very nice, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?
I have contacted them about this question and they say something that "These days 500GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will run out of disk space we will simply add new 500GB disk drive with almost zero costs and you can continue uploading without any problems".

What do you think about it? Maybe things have changed in last 4 years? With my current provider I get only 2GB of disk space for $10 per month..
Any ideas and suggestions are much appreciated.

Doc
Expert
Expert

Re: Please help me in choosing web hosting

Post by Doc »

Hi,

Don't change the webhost in a haste. Make sure you have proper backup before even you think of shifting webhosts.

Your current host is saying "too much resources" because may be some corrupt scripts on your sites. (even though users are less)
Tell me your website names if possible, let's have a look.

2GB for $10 is way too less. Still don't go with companies that advertise absurd "unlimited" space or bandwidth.

Check the offers at LunarPages or HostGator. NetFirms and 50WEBS are also superb but they limit the number of domains and databases. You may let me know the exact requirements and I can share with you all the research we have done on these hosting providers.

Now the fun part is, do not easily trust an unknown webhost, especially based in Mumbai (no offence). Once we hosted on a webhost based in Mumbai. Every 1 hour or so, a friend would call up why my site is down. And I contact their customer support and they make it work immediately. And the story repeats every hour or so. Later on we investigated an came to know the same group is selling web-space under 10 or more different names. :lol:

Well, there are referral discounts in webhosting. So if you are buying web-space, let me refer you and get a few $$ off in my next bill. :lol: :lol:

Edwardo
Expert
Expert

Re: Please help me in choosing web hosting

Post by Edwardo »

Get know what you need ,I mean which type of hosting suits you. The hosting requirement depend on the kind of application you want to run on your hosting account.