bored with my desktop!

Whatever personal problems we may have, let's share it together, seek advice and feel better.

keerthana rao
Knowing Better
Knowing Better

bored with my desktop!

Post by keerthana rao »

I have a desktop at home which i bought in 2000 for the New Year Millenium. It was a gift from my dad for Christmas. Since i bought it way back in 2000 it is pretty old now. Infact i had all the latest drivers and softwares installed in it that came out during 2000. The problem that i have now is that there are some softwares and games that needs a high end configuration desktop.I'm also taking up animation course at Ants in bangalore. All my friends hate coming to my house to play games as the new games dont run on my system. I want to go for a new desktop with all the latest features in it. I would really appreciate any suggestion on what can be done with my old system.

Doc
Expert
Expert

Re: bored with my desktop!

Post by Doc »

Just sell it to someone looking for a cheap desktop. There are many. Just post in a AD-MAG or FREE-ADs or post the details here.

sevani123
Just Started
Just Started

Post by sevani123 »

Sell it or dump it and go for a new laptop. Laptop is portable and convenient. You can get joysticks and connect it to your laptop for playing games. Look out for dell XPS or a Macbook. They are the high end ones.

satish_k
Just Started
Just Started

Post by satish_k »

If you looking for the Macbook then, perhaps, this is the right time to pick up one. I supposed they are giving some good offers on iMacs and Macbooks exclusively for university students in India. Check for yourself, here goes the link http://www.apple.com/in/students/

keerthana rao
Knowing Better
Knowing Better

Post by keerthana rao »

What’s the starting price of the Macbook?

satish_k
Just Started
Just Started

Post by satish_k »

Mac starts from 53 k. If you have a budget of 60 k then you’ll get the nice one. You can also look out for dell, Toshiba, hp or Sony. But there is no bigger novelty value than owning an Apple MacBook Pro. check out for the offers.

smartass
Knowing Better
Knowing Better

Post by smartass »

there are exchange offer, u must get something between 2 k to 5 k for that pc. or keep it for the love of ur dad, after all it was ur first. u can set it up later on for some netwroking and stuff
my life's an open book, i mean one with a password and thumb recognition, hehehhe, its a notebook with an auto lock..lol