Purchasing Canon digicam

Latest gizmos in the town. Cell phones, laptops, PDAs and all. Show-off, review and buying guide.

Is it advisable to Purchase a Digicam(Canon) worth INR 14k in grey market without Warrenty

Yes
17%
No
83%

Total votes: 6

ashokcisco
Just Started
Just Started

Purchasing Canon digicam

Post by ashokcisco »

Hi guys,

I m looking for a Canon Digicam .. Most probably Canon a 710 IS os
Canon a 550 IS... Can u plz suggest me a good shop with cheaper price n good service..???

Rafi
Knowing Better
Knowing Better

not clear what you want...

Post by Rafi »

Your point is not so clear?
The model you pointed out has indian price above 22k.
And the poll does not say which model you are getting from grey market?

If it's the same 710IS, then 14k is a good choice, forget warranty. You will never need it. Even if you buy one with warranty, you will have to search for the warranty card in the dustbins the day you need it.

Still waiting for clarification.

Utpal
Expert
Expert

Grey market is OK.

Post by Utpal »

If you cant afford the market price, grey market is OK. Friends bought many electronics items from grey market and net having any problemthereafter. But tell me where are you planning to buy. means the shop location.

shreyasvista
Expert
Expert

Post by shreyasvista »

I would not recommend Grey Market coz you are purchasing an electronic item worth more than 10K so why compromise??? They dont even give warranty which is a negative point.... So if u're really determined to get it in a very cheaper price then atleast check properly before buying...

Doc
Expert
Expert

visit as many shops as you can.

Post by Doc »

You will never know the proper price unless you visit several shops.
I was buying canon A530. The market price was around 1100/- at all canon authorized dealers in bangalore.

It was more than that in GK Vale store in BTM and even more in Forum Mall.

One funny thing is: A new electronics store (named Megatech or something I forgot) opened at that time near Jayadeva Fly-over. I went there to see if they have any inaugural offer. their leaflets had the same camera featured in it and written "special offer price 14000/-" :idea: