Female travelling to Bangalore - question about drinking.

Let's locate the best places to eat-out. Restaurants of all types: Punjabi to Bengali, Gujrati to Konkani, Chinese to Japanese. Let's have the taste.

st99
Just Started
Just Started

Female travelling to Bangalore - question about drinking.

Post by st99 »

Hi...

I am going to travel to Bangalore on business solo. I'm female and of Indian descent but raised in North America. I am staying at a nice 5 star hotel and the food should be good at this hotel. But I like to drink wine on occasion with my meal. My husband is telling me that drinking wine at a 5 star hotel as a single female may be construed negatively by Indian onlookers. I don't want any unwanted atttention but I do like to have a glass of wine with my dinner on occasion. But, is it true even in Bangalore? I assumed that most of the people staying at this hotel would be business travellers as well. Please let me know if it is frowned upon.

Thanks in advance.

RekhaM

Re: Female travelling to Bangalore - question about drinking

Post by RekhaM »

Absolute mis-conception! Bangalore has changed a lot over the years and its "very" normal to have your wine with the meal at the hotel. It has never been a problem at 3-5 star hotels here. Even normal eat-out restaurants offer complimentary wine with lunch. People no longer notice you based on what you are drink.